Kodiak is a vibrant community on an island in the Gulf of Alaska. Kodiak residents are fiercely proud of their community and continuously commit their time and resources to projects for the betterment of all. The Kodiak Community Foundation’s focus is to enhance the quality of island life through community giving.
As a maritime community, Kodiak residents have strong ties to the natural elements. Many of us depend on Kodiak’s local fish and wildlife for subsistence and livelihoods. Despite the changing landscape of funding in the state of Alaska, Kodiak is aware of the importance of self-reliance. We have come together to produce local initiatives for vision-oriented legacy planning and giving. This is how the Kodiak Community Foundation began; with a dream of providing the means for improvement in the quality of life within our town.
When a donor gives to the Kodiak Community Foundation, they leave behind a legacy now and into the future.The Kodiak Community Foundation is a permanent fund for the Kodiak region. Your gifts will be part of a long-term endowment, allowing you to invest in our community’s future and contribute to our quality of life. The Kodiak Community Foundation envisions fully engaged island communities giving generously, gaining self-reliance, and growing support for causes that matter.
Your donation to the unrestricted endowment fund of the Kodiak Community Foundation will:
- Help us earn the generous 1:1 match of up to $185,000 to be invested in our fund by the Rasmuson Foundation and ACF, as part of the Affiliate Program over the next 4 years (2017-2020)
- Help us earn a further gift of $5,000 annually for immediate community grants to local nonprofits from the Rasmuson Foundation and ACF, as part of the Affiliate Program over the next 4 years (2017-2020)
- Connect donors with causes they care about
- Catalyze community planning between individuals, organizations, and governments
- Support local nonprofits through grants and educational training